Kids cricket gear including bats, balls, bowling machines, helmets, bags, shoes, clothes, cricket sets and more. Little Rookie is Australia's premier kids sports store specialising in cricket.
Brands we stock are Gray Nicolls, Kookaburra, Adidas, DSC, Masuri, Feed Buddy, Payntr, Pitch It Up and Paceman.
How To Play Cricket For Kids
- You'll need a team of 8 or 11 players for junior games. For fun, informal games like beach cricket, any number of players is allowed!
- Each team takes a turn batting and fielding - one innings. The fielding team needs to get 10 batsmen out before switching.
- The fielding team will bowl to the batsman who will try to hit the ball.
- The batsman can be declared out when the fielding team:
- hits the wickets when bowling
- catches the batsman's shot on the full
- hits the wickets before the batsman reaches the other end of the pitch
- hits the batsman's leg in front of the wicket
- The batsman tries to get as many runs as possible before getting out by:
- hitting the ball to the boundary along the ground, which is counted as 4 runs
- hitting the ball and reaching the other end before the fielders hit the wickets
- hitting the ball over the boundary on the full, which is counted as 6 runs
- The team with the most runs wins the game!