Here in Woolloongabba Little Rookie Sports is Brisbane’s first dedicated basketball shop for kids and youth. Playing basketball offers many benefits like fitness, hand eye coordination which in a fun environment. Our store has basketball covered, from basketball shorts and basketball shirts, balls and basketball shoes for Kids and Youth.
One product in particular we sell at Little Rookie Sport is Compression Tights and Shorts in kids and youth sizing. My 6 year old son is about to play basketball this season for Carina Cobras and he asked me this question.
Why do Basketball Players Wear Compression Tights for Basketball
First of all they are called compression tights or shorts.They’re are ultimately designed to absorb sweat, keep the body warm and assist in the prevention of muscle strain by allowing maximum blood flow during and after a basketball game or basketball training session. The idea of wearing the compression tights or shorts are the benefits will ultimately help improve players performance during a basketball game.
So here are our top 5 benefits of wearing compression tights for basketball:
- As mentioned above, compression tights or shorts help keep the body warm particularly around the large leg muscles which is used a lot in basketball for running and jumping
- Prevention of injury or muscle strain - Compression tights can help reduce muscle strain by assisting with circulation
- Promote blood flow and improve oxygenation of muscle tissue - By wearing compression tights and shorts it can enhance the players performance by improving blood flow around the body and improve oxygenation of the muscle tissue.
- Comfort - A lot of players purely wear compression tights or shorts for comfort while playing basketball.
- Better recovery after strenuous exercise - Recovering from strenuous exercise can be a lengthy process and muscle soreness, compression tights and shorts can assist the muscle recovery after strenuous training sessions or games.
Little Rookie Sport Basketball Shop
Looking for quality sporting equipment Little Rookie Sport store located in Woolloongabba which is in close proximity to Brisbane CBD, East Brisbane, Stones Corner, Holland Park, Coorparoo, Camp Hill, Cannon Hill and Carindale.
Our Hub an interactive area for youth and parents to trial their equipment or footwear and make sure the fit is right, this will include a basketball hoop for kids to shoot some hoops.
Little Rookie Sport stocks Wilson basketballs, Spalding basketballs, basketball hoops, Mitchell and Ness, Outer apparel, NBA basketball hats for kids, and other sports gear for basketball kids. Little Rookie Sport stock Adidas training shoes and And1 basketball shoes, And1 basketball shoes will be available for Youth to Mens sizing.
Located at 70 Deshon Street, Woolloongabba or shop online www.littlerookiesport.com.au We offer free shipping for all basketball orders and instore Click and Collect option.