Come January 2020 it will be time to get the kids ready to go Back to School, with kids feet growing every year, buying School Shoes can feel like a constant task. We have created this online guide to help you purchase the right school shoe. You can buy school shoes online or visit our dedicated Kids School Shoe Shop - Little Rookie Sport in Woolloongabba, this shoe shop is close to many public and private Queensland schools in the area like Coorparoo, Camp Hill, East Brisbane, Brisbane City, South Brisbane, Fairfield, West End, Highgate Hill, Carina and Carina Heights.
Going Back to School soon, time to purchase school shoes. While quality is important, it is great to find affordable school shoes and black school sports shoes for under $100
What to look for in a good school shoe for your child's feet:
- Flexibility in the front of the shoe, test the shoe by pushing the toe upwards. A good shoe will only bend at the ball of the foot but no further.
- Make sure the shoe is not too flexible as they bend all over or you can twist them, these shoes will not provide enough support for little feet.
- Heel size, a good school shoe will only have a small heel, the benefits of a low heel actually keeps your child's foot in a neutral position.
- Make sure the shoe is not too heavy as heavy shoes may cause muscle pain and foot aches.
- Enough toe room in the school shoe, you need around a thumb space at the front of the shoe and enough room so your child can wiggle their toes.
- Leather uppers last longer and allow your child's feet to breathe.
- The insole should be soft and comfortable, if possible made of an absorbent fabric to reduce sweating, especially in warmer climates and with kids playing so much on their lunch breaks.
- Velcro Vs Laces - both styles are equally good but depends on your child. See below.
Velcro school shoes Vs Laces school shoes for prep and younger Kids
Velcro shoes are great for your first school shoes, most kids starting school are still learning to tie their shoe laces. Velcro shoes for smaller feet makes it easier for kids to get ready for school in the morning. Also most school kids start swimming lessons and it’s much easier for them to have their own independence and be able to put on their school shoes or runners / sports shoe. When your child learns to tie their laces you can upgrade them to laced school shoes or running shoes.
When is it time for new school shoes?
- When shoes are damaged and the soles are worn away and broken
- When the kids toes are touching the end it's time to get the next size
- The school shoes have holes in the toes
- Also when the heels are worn down badly, this can create slippery shoes as they have no grip
What about running shoes or trainers?
Depending on your school uniform policy some kids prefer running shoes or trainers. The most important thing is the sports shoe is good quality and is very supportive and keeps the foot stable.
Shop for school shoes in a stress free kids sports shop
Siblings need school shoes as well, relax as we have our kids zone to keep siblings entertained while your child can try on school shoes. We have a basketball hoop, Xbox games, handballs and more in our fun family friendly kids school shoe shop.
Whatever school you go to make sure your kids have supportive well-fitted school shoes.
Looking for a school shoe / sports shoe??
Look no further there is now a school shoe made using the cushioning compounds of sports shoe, all black school sports shoe.
To find out more contact our friendly staff at Little Rookie Sport.
Australian Owned and Operated
Little Rookie Sport is owned and operated Kids Sports Shop in Australia, we are proud to stock major brands like Adidas and Concave, but we also love supporting fellow Australian brands as well like Sfida. Sfida was created to satisfy the sports mad country of Australia, today Sfida is the only genuine footwear and apparel sports brand that is 100% Australian owned and operated. Little Rookie Sport is excited to sell around the world to NZ, USA and Canada to share and connect our passion for sports.
Visit our Gabba Shop 70 Deshon Street, Woolloongabba for all your back to school, school shoes or you can shop at home or at work by visiting www.littlerookiesport.com.au Free shipping for all school shoes, we also ship internationally to New Zealand, USA, Canada. Purchase your school shoes on AfterPay, Buy Now, Enjoy Now and Pay Later USA visit www.littlerookiesport.com